ReMeP 2019 is looking for submissions presenting new research in all aspects relating to legal informatics in the widest sense of the term (deadline for abstracts: 30 June 2019).
What type of submissions are we looking for?
The scope of the term legal informatics is very wide, and so is the scope of ReMeP 2019. It covers applications as simple as document assembly, but also applications as complicated and innovative as semantic information representation. If your research is innovative, has potential practical use and falls within the area of legal informatics in its widest sense, your project might be a perfect fit for ReMeP 2019.
We welcome contributions presenting research projects involving (but by no means limited to) e.g.
- document analysis and recognition
- knowledge acquisition, representation, retrieval and application in the legal domain
- legal workflow, intelligent support systems
- semantic representation of legal texts
- intelligent chatbots and tutoring systems
- legal AI, legal reasoning, legal compliance
- e-government, e-justice, digital identity
- cybersecurity in the legal domain
- interdisciplinary applications
What is your benefit?
ReMeP 2019 is a first of its kind. It connects researchers working on specific legal informatics projects with businesses looking for solutions to digitalise certain tasks. ReMeP 2019 will provide ample time to explore a number of interesting and promising legal informatics projects in depth. As a researcher, you will benefit from real-life feedback on your projects and learn what you could improve to make your application even more valuable for businesses.
If your project is selected for ReMeP 2019 you will have a chance to present it to businesses and get their feedback. You will engage face to face with prospective users of your work and get their insight and ideas and perhaps even a real-life testing environment. Above all, you will network with prospective users and build ties for future cooperation. All this will be extremely valuable for the further development of your work.
And even if your project is not selected for the inaugural ReMeP 2019, we will store your information in a community database to facilitate interaction with interested businesses. Throughout the year, we will connect researchers and businesses which might provide assistance in various forms.
The submission process only takes a few steps:
- Submit an abstract: Please use the below form to submit a brief abstract of your work. Above all, you should outline the core concept and content, the topic/area, the intended goals and outcome and the intended audience. Deadline for abstracts: 31 July 2019.
- Check your inbox: After you hit the submit button you will receive an email via an automated system to acknowledge receipt. Please check your spam folder in case you do not receive an email within 30 minutes from submitting the form.
- Wait for preliminary acceptance: Your initial abstract will be reviewed by one member of our programme committee. He/she will check if it complies with our minimum requirements and fits the general scope of ReMeP 2019. In case of acceptance, the ReMeP 2019 team will contact you by email to confirm preliminary acceptance. At this stage, we aim at an acceptance rate of about 90%.
- Provide full project description and details: Together with the acceptance notice, the ReMeP 2019 team will provide you with a link to a questionnaire. They will also ask you to provide a full paper about your project of no more than 8 pages (full submission).
- Review of submissions by programme committee: Each full submission will be reviewed by three members of our programme committee. The ReMeP 2019 team will notify you of the programme committee’s decision as soon as possible.
- Presentation at the conference: If your project is accepted for ReMeP 2019 you will have the opportunity to present your work twice on 24 September 2019. Your presentation at ReMeP 2019 should take no more than 30 minutes. Afterwards you need to be available for questions and discussions with the audience for approx. 50 minutes.
Complimentary attendance of ReMeP 2019
If a project is accepted, one member of the project team will receive complimentary access to ReMeP 2019. Please note that your ticket will not cover travel to the conference venue and accommodation.
If more than one person is involved in your project, the other team members should apply for one of the free tickets dedicated to academics (please see www.remep.net/free-tickets-academics for further details and for the application form). We will treat them preferentially in the allocation process.